17. Comments 4 – Due Monday before class is over Comment on your favorite four photos from the photo 1 light and shadow photos or advanced commercial photos. Please go through different student’s work to view more than four. Your comments need to include the photography and art language that we have talked about so far. This is not a one word or one sentence comment. Take your time and think about the other person’s work, what spoke to you, what did you like, what could be included to make the photo more dynamic, etc. Make sure that your comments are thought provoking and helpful. Type out your comments on four of your favorite photos on the blog. Then in Microsoft Word, copy each of your comments and the photo that you commented on, include the photographers name, and upload your word document to your blog as Comments 4.
18. Sounds in Photography – Due Thursday before class is over
- Pick 2 sound words, turn in 2 photos: snap, crackle, pop, whistle, rustle, swoosh, bass, crescendo, resonance, boom, echo, screech, rattle, thud, scream, click, shout, whistle, twack, shhhh, shush, tsk tsk, squeak, creak, symphony, boing, chime, ring, silence, tap, knock, hiss
- Instructions: do NOT photograph something making that sounds, rather think about the sound, figure out how the noise would LOOK, and photograph something that looks how the sounds feels.
- Title your blog post “Sounds in Photography,” title each photograph in the caption area. The two photos should be in a gallery.
19. Shooting Assignment – Due Thursday before class is over
Think about the topics man vs nature, shallow depth of field, and image projection and take and post your best 3 photos for each topic. For the topic man vs nature combine imagery of a portrait and nature to make a composite. For the shallow depth of field topic show a shallow depth of field and use the appropriate lens and aperture to attain this effect in camera. For the image projection topic use the projector to project an image or text onto a person. Blog post title should be the “Shooting Assignment.” Make sure to title all photos in the captions box and put the photos in a gallery 3×3.
20. Zoo Photos – Due next Monday before class is over
Look through the following website for different zoo photo ideas and decide on two different assignments to work on while at the zoo, “focus on the possibilities that lie within the park’s gates.” Take a lot of photographs so that you can decide which your best 6 photos are. Edit and upload the best 6 to your blog and name the post “Zoo Photos.” In a gallery 3×3.